2.10.2009

Cereal Economy

Anyone who knows me also knows that I love cereal. I can eat it at anytime. There are so many different brands and flavors. The cereal aisle is no doubt my favorite.

So I was in that aisle tonight, just buying some cereal when I noticed something was just not right. You see, my bachelor lifestyle in this recessing economy hasn't really been effected. In fact it actually looks like I am gaining more money these days. Which I'm not. I'm only doing the same thing I have always done, and everyone else is cutting back for many different reasons. It wasn't until tonight that I felt the tighten of the money straps.

When did cereal start costing so much?!? $2.59 for a box of Cocoa Pebbles?! $3 Fruit Loops?!? Lucky Charms $3.20?!? Not to mention that I'm currently on a health kick so I try damn hard not to buy those highly sugar charged cereals. My cereal tonight cost $4!!!! Cereal wasn't that expensive even back last year when gas prices were skyrocketing. And why is skim milk the most expensive?!? What was once something that could be a under $5 treat (including milk), has now been yet another victim of the poor economy.

Ok, I know it really isn't that big of a deal. What is a few more bucks? Well I eat alot of cereal and that could add up. Also I might go back to those sugary cereals if it gets worst, which I guess wouldn't be that bad.

In the end, I'm just sad to see the days of cheap cereal disappear. I guess I could always go to Costco and get giant boxes of cereal, but they are not open at 1 a.m. Oh Well.....

1 comment:

  1. Meanwhile, what the hell happened to the cookie crisp dog that was a criminal being chased by the cops? Now they've got some stupid wolf. That's not my cookie crisp. That's not any cookie crisp.

    And really, cereal hasn't been the same since they got rid of Nintendo Cereal- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_o6fEvJRUE

    ReplyDelete