1.31.2009

Taster's Choice

Yet another reason to just love living in the L.V.

Lee's Discount Liquor is like the Wal-mart of liquor stores. You can find anything (alcoholic) that you can imagine in this store. Fine wines, rare mircobrews, unique distills.....I'm telling you anything.

Also there is a greatest thing that you can have at any store, the tasting station!!! If you go into a Lee's mid afternoon on a weekend night, you can get FREE samples of new unique alcohols. Tonight was one such night. We walked straight up, were offered free samples, and enjoyed the delicious beverages. Also we were never asked to show I.D., yet at the checkout they make sure to card you.

Now I am plenty old enough to purchase alcohol, so there is no worries there. I just thought it was cool to be able to taste before I buy the beverages. Best idea ever!

Tonight's samples.....new premixed vodkas in mojito and pomegranate flavors, also the new Obsello absinthe (yes, it is now legal to have in the U.S.). I was guaranteed by the cute absinthe serving girl that this brand is the real deal with the real wormwood ingredient. It tasted great...sorta like black licorice.

1 comment:

  1. This really is a brilliant idea. Personally, I'm going to keep my eye out for the Pomegranite Vodka. Absinthe scares me. I've seen Moulin Rouge, I know what happens...

    ReplyDelete