6.06.2009

Friday Night Live

Summer in the L.V. is full of entertainment. Every Friday night throughout the summer there is a free concert and an open bar at the Hard Rock pool. The acts are very hit and miss. The last time I went to one of these performances was almost two years ago. My work schedule conflicts with the concerts.

This week Nico Vega as on stage.



They absolutely rocked the water out of the pool. Aja, the lead singer, was awesome! She is super hot too. I think I've found my future ex-wife. She had so much energy, and her voice was so explosive. It was amazing how they had so much range with a guitar, drums and her voice. If you haven't heard them, pick up the album today!

Oh yeah, Gavin Rossdale was the main act



At first, Gavin sucked it up. He came out and drained all the energy Nico Vega had created. I was not impressed, until.......



He played some Bush songs! Machinehead was like the fourth or fifth song in the set, and after that the concert kicked ass. Then in the middle he did a version of Landslide, Fucking great!!!
He played some more Bush favorites. Everything Zen, The Chemicals Between Us, Glycerine, Comedown.....all awesome!! He played Glycerine solo, and closed the night with Comedown. I felt like I was 15 and in high school all over again. I remember back then how much I wanted to be just like him. I practiced Glycerine for hours and hours. Now I look back at how easy that song is to play. I guess that's practice for you?!?!

It was a wonderful night! Gavin played for almost two hours, and Nico Vega was kick ass. I am glad I had their album before I saw them. It made the concert much more enjoyable. All for free too. "You can't beet that!"

No comments:

Post a Comment