1.06.2009

The Port of Sub Challenge

Ok, so I frequent this sandwich shop know as Port of Subs. I've been going to their many locations around the desert valley for more than two years, and ever time I order the same sandwich. The #5, smoked ham, and turkey with smokey chedder, it is delicious! I order this sandwich so much that at the location nearest to my home, I don't even have to order. The sandwich makers already know what I want. Then one day I thought 'this is no way to live'. I should try all the sandwiches. Nay! I should try the entire menu!

So I devised a plan to tryout every single item on the menu. Whether it be a sandwich or wrap... a hot soup, or zesty salad, I'm trying it all. Another thing I decided to do was blog about all of it.

At first I was going to go with making a new post for every sandwich, but then I thought that may get a bit boring after awhile. Instead I decided to periodically blog about highlights and disappointments (if any) I have with the choices. There is another thing. I've already started. I've eaten three different subs. I just going right down the menu starting with #1.

So far here is the assessment:


#1 Ham-Salami-Capicolla-Pepperoni-Provolone (pictured above): I liked it. The capicolla and pepperoni gives the sandwich a kick. It goes great with the Cracked Pepper Port of Subs potato chips. (I'm going to try all their chip flavors also)

#2 Ham-Turkey-Provolone : Sorta plain jane. Not much to talk about, maybe if there was a different cheese added. The barbeque chips were not bad though.

#3 Salami-Turkey-Provolone : I ate this sandwich today. Also sorta plain. The salami makes the sandwich better, but I think there needs to be a change at the cheese level. A lot of their sandwiches have provolone. Man, this is going to be rough. Advisory: Did not like the Tangy Dill flavored chips. Bleack!!!

I hope that this little experiment will yield a grater variety when I visit the sub store. Sometimes they have speical sandwiches that I will brake in to tryout. LIke right now they are serving the Pilgram. I've tried it before, but it holds nothing to "the Bobbie" over at Capriotti's

Different sandwich shop.....different mission. Stay tuned!

3 comments:

  1. you are braver than i. i would just stick to what i like.

    and as far as resolutions, you don't have to call the resolution police on me - just pick a book for me to read.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need a new sandwich shop too. Subway gave me food poisoning this week. The bastards. I guess it's time to go back to Big Town Hero. I've been taking a break from the place.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is quite an epic journey you've set forth on. You're living the dream, we'll be waiting for you at the finish line.

    ReplyDelete