11.05.2008

Shaken not Stirred

Today was awful! First I woke up having a sore throat which can only mean that I am getting sick. I hate being sick!

Second I was in a traffic accident around 3:30 p.m.

Crash

That really ruined my day. I was just driving to work. Minding my own business. When a few cars ahead of me abruptly stopped . I jammed on my brakes! My truck skidded to a stop just barely missing the truck in front of me. When BAM!

Rearview

A white van smashed into the back of my truck pushing it into the truck in front of me. Do know how scary it is to look back and see that?!

Crunch

The truck in front of me received minor damage. A few scratches on the bumper. My truck has its back hatch smashed in, and the window was shattered. The the good thing though, my news camera was protected inside its metal black case. Yay!

So I had to file a police report. A plus note, no one was injured. Yes, yes I'm ok. Maybe a bit sore, I'll find out more in the morning.

Then I had to wait for the tow truck to come and pull the two vehicles apart so that we could try to pry the camera out of its case and save it from anymore trama. I'm glad to report that we succeeded. Then I had to take a drug screening test for my company's insurance. It is a good thing I had to pee, but let me tell if you bring the wrong form you may have to wait almost a hour. That is a long time holding it.

Then after that I was handed alot of paperwork to fill out, and I was sent home. But wait! I don't have a car. I need a ride. Good thing my supervisor lives near my general direction.

Maybe tomorrow will be a better day. Hmmmm......how am I going to get to work?


UPDATE 11-6-08

So today as I was driving to work I felt a slight.....spasm (isn't the right word but is the first that comes to mind) in my lower back. I told my supervisors went I got to work about my discomfort and I was told to go to the doctor and go home for the day.

So I call up my doctor who refers me to another doctor that specializes in traffic accidents. Long story short, I may have minor back muscle and ligament sprains. I get a doctor's note for yet another day off, and recommended for some therapy sessions. What in the world am I going to do with all this time off?

1 comment:

  1. I was rear-ended on Coburg a few years back, knocked Casey Hatfield's sunglasses clean off her head.

    Back injuries suck, be careful with that.

    ReplyDelete