7.06.2008

Awards?? I guess

So I've been doing my line of work for about six or seven years now. I've never thought anything I ever created was good enough to win any type of award. I am more critical of myself than anyone. But I still enter my work into contests not hoping for much.

In fact at work I'm in charge of gathering up all the other photographers' work and submitting it into the NPPA quarterly clip contest. Sometimes I feel like a that one teacher in high school who tries to get to kids to work harder and try new things because he knows they can achieve something more. No one wants to enter anything. They all think it is a waste of time. Why wouldn't they? The only names you ever see on the winner's list are people who do special projects that are given days to work on stories. But I still keep telling everyone to enter because you never know, anyone could win.

Well now I can back that up. Both of my enteries for the first quarter have placed. This is the first time that I even placed.

Apartment Fire! Get Out! has won 2nd place in the Spot News category

Henderson CSI has won 3rd place in the General News category

Check them out tell me what you think

2 comments:

  1. Nice work. I prefer the second story, then again...I'm a sucker for wide angle lens, sequencing, nats and cool lighting.

    Hope you bring it like that everyday.

    The fire story was nice too. I just find most all fire stories rather...I dunno...same shit, different fire.

    ReplyDelete