6.16.2008

JR JR

Dear Cousin Gobo,

Being an artist is very tough. You need determination to succeed, and patience through the rough times when you don't succeed.

I've always tried to be an artist myself in my own unique way. I use photography as my art form. I may not be the very best at it, but I consider myself to always be growing. I'm always learning. Most of us have to learn. We are not all born to be artists.

Then there are some who are born to be artists.



I met John Romita Jr. this past weekend. You ask, who is that? Well that is the thing. You wouldn't know about him unless you knew alittle about what he does. He's a famous artist. He's is more than that. He is part of a Legacy. JR JR is the son of John Romita Sr., who along with Stan Lee (and some other great artists) co-created Spider-man and other great Marvel comic characters.

JR JR has drawing comics in his blood. He is truely gifted. Over the years, JR JR has created many infamous characters and stories in the world of comics. He has done Spider-man, Daredevil, Punisher, Captain America, Wolverine, Iron Man, and the Hulk to just name a few.



He recently created World War Hulk, which he signed my copies for me. Within the next few months he will be returning to Spider-man!



He was really nice. He even made me a quick sketch of my favorite character. You can all guess who it could be.

So as you go see your favorite Super-hero movie this summer, remember that there are true artist behind all these great stories. Be on the lookout for the stories of the future.

Ciao

1 comment:

  1. WOW, John Romita Jr. is a great artist and your photo with him makes me jealous :-)

    ReplyDelete