5.22.2007

I Hate Radio!!



Dear Cousin Gobo,

I can't stand listening to local radio stations!

I thought moving to a larger market that the radio stations would improve.....I was wrong.

It is the same junk all over. The same lame songs are on a constant three hour loop. The same lame DJ's trying to be funny. Same overloaded crappy commercials.

So that is why I went the way of the iPod. Since I drive alot for my job. I needed to listen to something better. I went out and bought all the gadgets and gismos that come with owing a mp3 player, only to be disappointed again.

I picked up one of those FM transmitters. Finally I can eliminate those damn radio stations! Wrong!

Living in a larger city means more stations. Meaning less dead air space for the FM transmitter. So as I drive around town my little transmitter gets blasted out the countless number of small time latino radio stations. That's right LATINO stations. The Latino market here is huge, and everyone wants to make a few bucks from it, so they flood every market targeting Latino consumers.

At first I thought it to be comical. I liked listen to the spanish speaking stations, it helped me practice my own spanish. But soon, it stopped being funny. Why in the HELL did I buy this thing, if it's not going to work?

Few have claimed that maybe I didn't buy the right one, or that I wasn't on the right frequency. Let me tell you over the past few months....I TRIED THEM ALL!! Same result, lost of signal to another station spilling over on the dial.

I HATE RADIO!!!! Stop trying to control my mind! I don't want to your continuous looped play of crappy songs. I don't want to hear your retro noon-time playlist of song that sucked worst in their own time period. Always trying to tell me what music is better than the rest, because some record company is paying you to do so. And I'm tried of all you morons out there, calling in to request these shitty songs. STOP IT!

No comments:

Post a Comment