8.26.2005

Tent City


Tent City
Originally uploaded by Travelin' Miles.
Dear Cousin Gobo,
I've recently escaped the crazy fast paced life within the large colonies established throughout Outerspace. As you could imagine Outerspace is massive, and I have barely mapped a fraction of it. In search of new undiscovered areas, I ventured into the wild. The untamed lands of Outerspace are breathtaking, and the magnitude of the land makes one feel smaller than the littlest Doozer. There are also many new types of species that await cataloging; I am very excited.
Thinking that I was the only advernturer for miles around, to my surprise, I came across a very large colony unlike the others I have already seen. These people lived in tents and moble-caves instead of the above ground stone caverns that are very popular here. At first I thought these people were to be fellow adverturers like myself, but it seems that this was some type of festival gathering. The celebrators being very friendly invited me to stay with them for a few days. Naturally, I agreed.
This festival was continuously going. All laughed their cares, and danced the nights away; letting the music play. This festival was very fun. The days were hot, and the nights mild so drinking plenty of fluids was highly encouraged. At night many twinkling lights above our heads would appear. They were very beautiful and I couldn't help but to wonder that I could someday also reach these lights.
It turns out that those tents were not meant as their homes but rather as places to catch a quick nap to recharged energy for the festival. As if anyone could sleep, the sounds of the cheers never ended.
After a few days and plenty of new friends, I parted my ways with the tent city. After all, I still have alot of adventures to find. One suggestion to you cousin. If you ever come across any celebration such as this one, I recommend that you find yourself a watering pool and jump into it. For thousands of people laughing, playing, and sweating together has a very strong unpleasant odor.
Until next time, keep searching.
Travelin' Miles

No comments:

Post a Comment