9.16.2013

Who Dey! Bengals Win MNF!!

So I have realized that this NFL season marks my 25th year as a Cincinnati Bengals fan.

Some may wonder WHY I am a Bengals fan since I didn't grow up or live anywhere near Cincinnati.

Well, as an 8 year old, I wanted to hangout and watch football with my uncles who were at that time teenagers. They would tease me. Saying I needed a favorite team to watch football, and I couldn't have the same favorite team as either of them. As I pleaded with them to let me watch football, that's when I saw it. The TV was showing a live tiger on the football field. The players were wearing black jerseys with orange stripes. I quickly put everything together in my mind, and shouted, "I like the TIGERS!! The TIGERS are my favorite team!"

That was 1988. The Bengals were actually a good team that season. They won the AFC and went to the Super Bowl that year. I thought I had picked one of the best teams in the NFL.

Sadly, a lot of those 25 years have been filled with frustration and heart break. Yet, I stuck with my team throughout all those shitty seasons and now I am excited to see them once again become a good team.

To mark my 25th anniversary, I decided to post a Cincinnati Bengals themed photo each week.

9.16 - Esiason to Brown '88

9.16 - Esiason to Brown '88

WHO DEY!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment