1.01.2013

It Has Returned!!!

Happy New Year!!

So I always like to reinvent myself when the new year comes along. I don't make resolutions though. Just the term "resolution" already has a hint of failure behind it. Instead I like to give myself a project that needs to be completed. A goal to be reached. One that shows my daily progress, not like promising to myself to go to the gym more.

Sometimes I complete it and sometimes I don't. Like last year, I set a goal to read at least 30 books throughout the year. I was going great until I started reading a massive biography on Abraham Lincoln. Dead stop. I think my count was at 10 books at that point.

So I wanted to do something for this year. My friend James suggested I shave my head today and then proceed to not cut my hair for the entire year. Also I could take a photo everyday as the hair grew back. This idea intrigued me.  Clearly this would fit my parameters of daily progress. Then I thought about a few special events I have to go to this year, including my sister's wedding. Not a good idea anymore.

Then the best idea hit me.

Some of you may remember back in 2011, I started a project to shot a photograph a day, everyday, for the entire year. I am happy to say I completed that project, and I felt so great once I did. Well, I'm bringing it back!!

Although this time there are going to be a few changes.

         First, I will not be strictly taking a photo on that day. Some days I may pull photos from my archives. Or I might take a few photos one day and post them throughout the week.
         Second, I will post the photo daily on my Flickr site and this blog
         Third, Some days may be as simple as an Instagram pic. I plan on using all my various cameras
         Finally, I am just curious to see if I can complete it again

So to start things out here is the first photograph of the All New and Improved A Day, A Photo - 2013 edition!!

1.1 Desert Winterlight

 1.1 - Desert Winterlight

Make sure to check back here daily or go to my Flickr site for more photos throughout the year. I had so much fun the last time. I hope this time I can have just as much fun

Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment