1.23.2011

Snowboard Safety

1.23 - A Day, A Photo

1.23 - Snowboarding Safety

I went snowboarding this past Sunday. I was a bit rusty. When you first start snowboarding there is a degree of fear you have to overcome. As you cut back and forth riding the your edges, there is a split second on each turn were you fear that you may not make the cut and fall possibly hurting yourself. You have to overcome the fear of falling and kick your back leg, let go, and allow your body take control.

So after that you are snowboarding. I also learned that each time you begin a season on your first run you have to lose your fear again. On Sunday, I forgot that. I fell on my first run. I feel hard. Ending up spraining my wrist and hurting my shoulder. I couldn't done worst it I wasn't wearing my helmet. I guess my mother was right

No comments:

Post a Comment